2018 APDC CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 2018 APDC Scientific Committee invites dentists and dental students to submit abstracts to be considered for either poster or oral presentation at the 2018 Asia Pacific Dental Congress, that will be held at the SMX Convention Center, Manila Philippines.
The abstract submission has been closed for oral presentation.
It is still possible to submit poster abstracts until 10th February 2018.
Presenters of this late submissions will be able to present their ePoster during the congress, however, abstract itself will not be published in congress abstract book.
Abstracts should contribute to education, research, and clinical practice. The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register for the congress and is required to be present at the requested time by the scientific committee.
- The submission deadline has been extended until 15 January, 2018.
- All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process by the Scientific Committee.
- All abstracts should be prepared in English.
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, the first author must undertake to present it.
- Each participant may only submit one abstract as a presenting author. Further abstracts having the same participant as the "presenting author" will not be taken into consideration by the Scientific Committee. In the case of having more than one abstract submitted by the same presenting author, the Scientific Committee will select one of the abstracts randomly and evaluate only this selected abstract.
- The presenting author assumes full responsibility of the content of the abstract and must ensure that all other authors are aware of this content before the abstract is submitted.
- Presenting author is required to register the congress in order to have the abstract accepted.
Preparation of Abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book as they are submitted in the abstract submission system. Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- Category: A main category that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
- Presentation type: Abstracts can be presented as either oral or poster presentation. Presentation type of the abstract should be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the availability of the scientific programme.
Invited speakers (notified with a speacial letter) should select the "Invited Speaker" type. All other abstract submissions should be make as the Oral or Poster presentation type initially.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, of the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. The accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract Book with the indicated author and institution names without making any adjustments.
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the "department" and "institution" names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The institution and city should be written in small letters while the initials of each word are written in capitals.
- Title: Abstract title can contain maximum 250 characters. Capitalize the first word and all proper nouns contained in the title and sub-title. Do NOT use all capitals. Clearly indicate the nature of the study in the title (i.e.: case-control, randomized controlled trial, etc.)
- Abstract text: Abstract texts should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors' names, their institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
Abstract texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Introduction - A brief statement of the problem in a broad context and an explicit explanation of why it has basic, translational, and/or clinical research importance. A clear and concise statement of the research question(s) and the specific aims to answer the research question(s).
- Methods - Overview of the research methods used. Avoid non-essential technical minutiae and discipline-specific jargon.
- Results - Description of the results of the research.
- Conclusion and Acknowledgements - This is the basic, translational, clinical, or public health impact of your research. Acknowledgements and/or Funding Source for your recearch if relevant can be included here. Please include reference to grant support, (including grant number), and disclosure of any financial relationship the author may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services.
- Images, tables, diagrams and graphs are not allowed in the abstract texts.
- Keywords: Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords. Minimum 1 maximum 6 keywords can be indicated. All keywords should be written in small letters and with a comma in between.
- Only generic drug names should be used.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- It is possible to make changes in the already submitted abstracts until 15 January, 2018 by writing to Congress Secretariat (email@example.com). It will not be possible to make changes after this deadline.
- You can login to the abstract submission system with your username and password. Please note your username and password for future use. If you forget this information, please get in contact with the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please ensure that the e-mail address of the authors should be entered correctly to enable the Congress Organizing Secretariat with you regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated through the e-mail of the presenting author.
When the submission process finalized, you will see your abstract under the title "Submitted Abstract". If your abstract is not seen there, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Kindly note that "Not-Submitted Abstracts" will not be taken into consideration during the abstract evaluation process without any further notification about completing the submission of the abstract.
Upon submitting your abstract an e-mail including the "Abstract Number" and "Title" of your abstract will be sent to the contact author who has submitted the abstract.
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee following the abstract submission deadline and the acceptance letters will be sent latest by 31 January, 2018 via e-mail.
Relevant information about your abstract's presentation including the presentation date, time, hall, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
Presenting author of the abstract must be registered to the congress no later than 10 February, 2018.
Abstracts of the presenting authors who do not register to the congress and do not make the registration payment by the deadline, will be cancelled, and removed from the final program book.
2018 APDC Poster Wieving will be at SMX Convention Center.
Posters will be presented as electronical posters.
More detailed information will be provided in notification letters.
If you need any further information, please feel free to email us at the:
- APDC 2018 Poster Committee, email@example.com
- Congress Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org